Tuesday 10 August 2010

Twits of Telephony, part deux

See the first part here...

Today's answerphone message was as follows:

"Hello, I would like to get my car serviced with you. Please call me back on [phone number]"

Now, as any reasonable person would do, I decided to service this woman's car. I fully plan to show up in full onstage regalia (picture what you will, I suggest a sequinned catsuit with bovver boots and a stetson) and bugger about with the mechanics of the car before charging £1,240 for 'labour'. I think the customer will be satisfied. What worries me is that, having heard my answerphone message in its entirety before leaving her details, this woman thinks a repair garage is called 'Ellen Gallagher'. I think an IQ test should be mandatory before lifting the receiver. Jus' sayin'...

**UPDATE** Got home last night, checked my landline's voicemail. I haven't lived in this flat for very long, and the telephone number there is entirely new to me. There was a message...
"Hello, I'm trying to reach Alexander..."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. But who was it? And why won't you take messages for me?

    Alexander

    ReplyDelete