Monday 26 July 2010

No. Just... No.

It seems to be a common practice to use the word 'action' as a verb in the business world. For example, 'Ellen, please take this file and action it today'. Sentences like that actually make me want to smash things. It's incredibly difficult to follow an instruction at work when it doesn't actually make grammatical sense. Yes, I know what it MEANS, but that does NOT mean that I can hear it without grinding my teeth and experiencing a facial spasm!! It’s also very tempting to reply 'Of course, and then would you like me to computer the results?' NO! JUST NO!

4 comments:

  1. So, how do you feel about the whole issue at this moment in time? (aka "You feeling better now?")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you feel that way. (aka, "this is a snub disguised as an apparent apology")

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask who's calling? (aka 'Please say American Express, I've had a whole bunch of coffee and need an outlet for my mischief')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please be assured we will treat your comments with the appropriate respect and take them on board (aka "thrrrpp")

    ReplyDelete